Men often face a disease like chronic prostatitis. The disease affects young and old men.
The prostate is a vulnerable organ that suffers from various urological diseases. The treatment of chronic prostatitis requires the patient to comply with medical recommendations.
Therapeutic methods at home
Despite the fact that chronic prostatitis is a common pathology, it is quite difficult to treat. First, you need to adhere to bed rest for several days. Second, avoid physical activity.
Third, completely give up bad habits, including smoking and drinking alcohol. After the period of exacerbation, the patient needs to consider the mode of work and rest.
Simple rules will help in the future to avoid the occurrence of repeated complications:
- Don't get cold. It's impossible to sit on cold ground or concrete structures, even if it's summer outside. Wear light, comfortable clothing that is loose and appropriate for the season. To get rid of the pathology, it is necessary to harden the body with water in air baths. Walk for 1-2 hours every day.
- You can't bear it if you really want to go to the bathroom. It is recommended to periodically empty the bladder, every 3 to 4 hours. Overfilling or long-term retention negatively affects the condition of the prostate.
- When performing sedentary work, a man should take a break: every 1-2 hours for 3-5 minutes - walk, warm up. If this is not possible, you should learn to stretch the anus, 40 times in one approach is enough. Such exercises should be performed up to 6 times a day.
- Practice physical activity in moderation. This is the main factor that helps to prevent the development of the pathology. To eliminate congestion in the prostate and pelvic organs, it is enough to do gymnastics every morning, walk moderately. You can go to the dacha every week, for example, pick fruit, mushrooms, walk on weekends for 3 hours. Also, go to the pool or exercise at home on a treadmill, as well as using other similar simulators.
- It is necessary to exclude all factors that could result in injury to the perineum. Abandon equestrian sports, cycling, motocross.
- Have a regular sex life. The most important factor that helps to prevent congestion in the prostate. It is important to remember that it is impossible to interrupt or delay sexual intercourse. Better to have a permanent partner.
- Fight constipation.
- Alcoholic beverages should stop drinking in chronic prostatitis in the exacerbation stage. In addition, during the period of remission of the disease, men are recommended to reduce alcohol consumption as much as possible. Especially completely refuse cheap beer and wine.
- It is necessary to avoid stressful situations, nervous tension, give preference to meditation or self-training.
- Periodically visit a urologist, take a preventive exam, take the appropriate exams.
These simple precautions will help prevent the development of the chronic form of the disease and its exacerbation, as well as strengthen the body and increase its defenses.
Most often, inflammation of the prostate occurs against the background of various infections and sexually transmitted viruses. The treatment of chronic prostatitis is carried out in several stages.
Despite modern diagnostic methods that help to determine the disease in a timely manner, 30% of men are unable to completely get rid of the pathology. The effectiveness of treatment depends on a well-coordinated relationship between the patient and the physician.
Main therapeutic steps:
- Anesthesia. The patient should take nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs for chronic prostatitis.
- Reducing Anxiety. The man is prescribed antidepressants.
- Recovery of the urinary process.
- Application of topical treatment, such as douches.
- Participation in physical therapy sessions.
- Targeted antibiotic treatment.
- Surgical intervention in case of urethral narrowing or prostate abscesses.
To date, treatment of chronic prostatitis with antibiotics is fully justified. But the patient must complete the full course, which lasts an average of 2 weeks. In most cases, after treatment, the doctor examines the patient, gives his opinion, as a rule, there is a positive trend.
Antibiotics for chronic prostatitis are used because the disease occurs against the background of an infection caused by pathogenic bacteria. Only a qualified doctor can choose an effective drug, taking into account the characteristics of the patient.
Important! During the treatment of chronic prostatitis, a strict medication regimen and dosage must be followed.
In medicine, there is no absolute medicine that completely alleviates the pathology. It is necessary to adhere to complex therapy, as well as certain rules. Because the disease is specific and severe, self-medication can be fatal.
To get rid of inflammation of the prostate in a chronic way, it is necessary to undergo a thorough diagnosis, and then effective treatment, following all the rules and recommendations of the attending physician.
Therapy for chronic prostatitis is successfully carried out by conservative means, but it must be comprehensive. Also, a man needs to reconsider his lifestyle.
The development of the disease is affected by an unbalanced diet, sitting position and promiscuous sexual activity. Many of these factors need to be adjusted. But there are other treatment methods that help fight chronic prostate inflammation.
It is necessary to change the diet as soon as the first symptoms of the disease appear. The first thing to do is give up alcohol, as alcohol potentiates the inflammatory process and pain, irritating the gland ducts.
Fatty meats, which can cause the formation of cholesterol plaques, should be excluded from the menu. It leads to circulatory disorders. You cannot eat mushrooms, vegetables, offal, as well as spicy dishes, tea, coffee, soda and sweets.
Dietary nutrition must be constantly observed, as the use of harmful foods can cause a relapse of the disease.
The procedure is performed manually through the anus. This is not the most pleasant remedy used to treat chronic prostatitis, but massage is highly effective.
Thermal procedures improve microcirculation as well as tissue drug absorption. Treatment of prostatitis involves the use of ultrasonic heating, irrigation with antibacterial agents through an enema.
Mineral waters are good for treating chronic prostatitis. In spas, patients are prescribed water with little mineralization that can be taken orally or in the form of baths.
Therapy for chronic prostatitis is rare but still involves surgery. There is a risk of complications, in addition, this method may be ineffective.
In addition, the patient will have a long period of rehabilitation. Therefore, the operation is pointed as a last resort.
Surgical intervention is indicated if traditional treatment has not given positive results. In addition, surgery is required to eliminate serious complications. This can be an abscess or purulent inflammation of nearby tissues, the presence of kidney or bladder stones.
Treatment for prostate inflammation can take many months. In addition, effective therapy does not always help to completely and permanently get rid of the disease.
If a man has been diagnosed with chronic prostatitis, he needs to think about the fact that life will change. Otherwise, the treatment will not bring positive results.
To prevent the development of pathology, it is enough to remember the useful recommendations, as it is easier to adhere to prevention than to treat prostatitis. You need to protect yourself, move more, have a balanced diet and avoid hypothermia.